Thursday, January 7, 2010

Effective Advertising


Should it be considered mere coincidence that when I was driving to work this morning I happened to look up from the road for a moment and I saw Jesus Christ the lord staring directly back at me? Should it also be considered mere coincidence that the song playing on the radio at that moment was "No Lodging for the Mad" by The Taxpayers? I think not. Yeah, so what if the Jesus that was staring at me was from a christian propaganda billboard? Nothing inspires me to live cleanly and change my ways more than a giant, rusty, sky-blocking billboard telling me "Jesus Saves." And nothing accentuates that point more than an inspired song of frustration, defeat, and giving up playing on the radio while driving through bumper to bumper morning traffic.

I'm pretty sure this billboard has more truth to it than anything I learned in church...

2 comments: