Sunday, November 29, 2009

Side Projects

I've Been mulling around with an idea I've had for some time about attempting to make a comic book, but never really found the motivation to start such a project. With my recent interest in retro "8-bit" images the comic book project jumped to mind, so I started dabbling with sprites and trying to create some characters. Below is the result of my first trial:







Not bad me thinks! The title is a definite work in progress but I just wanted to have something on the page for layout purposes, plus I wanted to test the functionality of the block-style font that I created. It works for now but I already foresee a need for a revised font before going much further. The thing is slower to create than one would think considering the simple nature of the images and font, but due to the fact that each pixel has to be individually selected and colored it can be very time consuming (and a true test of patience). No matter though, it is all new to me and therefore the interest of learning something different is a strong driver. That, and a constant supply of whiskey & coke to keep my mind sufficiently diluted from reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment